Welcome To Moments of Inspiration

I have survived Cancer now for two years. I am using this blog to tell my story, to impart a little philosophy, and to offer a little bit of hope and entertainment to other people like me who are suffering from Cancer.

You may have cancer, like me, or maybe you know someone who has cancer. Maybe you have lost someone to this deadly killer.

My story is really about all of us. We are in this together, and we will fight cancer for as long as we can. Meanwhile, I am taking this opportunity to remind everyone that although we may be dying from cancer, we must also remember to live while we are still here, and to maybe make this world a better place to live in as well. I hope you enjoy the writing.

Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Immune System

People with HIV and Cancer patients are saddled with a similar problem: the immune system is compromised. Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy get help, through medicine, to help prop up the immune system, while the chemotherapy itself is tearing it down. You tend to get sick from other things (I got shingles because of this) because your defenses are all shot. We should be looking at the foods we eat to give us a better chance at bouncing back.
*****
Right now cherries are in season, and cherries are a wonder food. They are delicious, and they are a low calorie snack. Cherries are one of those rare foods that contain melatonin, a chemical which allows you to sleep. Try eating some cherries about an hour before bed time. I will bet you will sleep better that night.
*****
The other thing about cherries is that they contain chemical compounds that studies have shown to actually reduce the size of tumors, and may actually be killing cancer cells. I don't think you can go wrong eating cherries.
****
I also worry about getting enough vitamins to avoid getting sick. I make home made Snapple, and go through a lot of it every day. Here's what I do:
I take a big pan of water, and boil four tea bags. Three of these are green tea, and usually the fourth is some kind of mint tea, for flavor. I boil these util they turn dark. I pour this mixture into a half gallon container. Then I add some lemon juice for more Vitamin C. I also will toss in an Airborne to cover my other vitamin needs. I add a packet of Lipton's Green Tea to Go to sweeten things up a bit. The Green Tea to go is full of flavinoids, and those are supposed to help fight Cancer. Finally I will take a capsule of Mushroom Extract (Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake) and open it, pouring the contents into my tea. The Mushroom Extract is designed to help people like me to breathe easier. You can find the Mushroom Extract on Amazon and other places.
****
I will go through two of these half gallon containers a day. That's a whole gallon of liquids, which is pretty good for flushing the toxins out of the system. Meahwhile, I am constantly putting in Vitamins into the body, and anti-oxidants and flavinoids to help fight Cancer. It is not that much work to make, and it is pretty cheap too. Maybe you all will get some ideas from this.

Mr. Charming

No comments:

Post a Comment